Animal Craze
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOOO MAD.... vet

+6
BCChins
jungleflockmom
Chris R
sherri
Usha77
Glider_Craze
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SOOO MAD.... vet - Page 2 Empty Re: SOOO MAD.... vet

Post by Glider_Craze Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Lol Im just trying to get some trades in the works

Glider_Craze
Dry humper
Dry humper

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2009-01-18

https://animalcraze.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SOOO MAD.... vet - Page 2 Empty Re: SOOO MAD.... vet

Post by Suggiemom Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 am

I guess I'm lucky enough that my vet, while not the most skilled in exotics is willing to learn as much as she can, AND, she's agreed to be my wildlife vet as well for my USDA which is awesome. The only other vet around here who will see wildlife is a butthead AND charges an arm and a leg.

We've had a few issues with my vet, not being willing to reseach further for Taras glider and I was shocked. One of the reasons I started using and recommending her was her willingness to think outside the box and to confer with other vets. She totally shot Tara down. Butttt, her diagnosis was correct even though we didn't believe it at the time because it seemed so hasty.

So, while I would have walked away just on principle at the time, I don't have a lot of choice but to stay. She only charges me $52 for glider neuter and she sees my wildlife, gives me stuff for free (feeding tubes, etc., that have expired), showed me to sub-q, etc. so I can't let my personal feelings get in the way of what is best for all of my critters.

She and I have always had a great working relationship so I hope that was just a little "bump" in the road although I'm more cautious.

Suggiemom
Joey
Joey

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2