Animal Craze
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's an "Oldie" from Ohio!

3 posters

Go down

Here's an "Oldie" from Ohio!   Empty Here's an "Oldie" from Ohio!

Post by cgarnes Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:44 am

Good morning, everyone! I'm Cyndi, but most everyone always just calls me "Garnes" or "Garnesy", and that's ok. I've been around for awhile, since about June 2004, but I've been off the boards for quite some time. Life happens, ya know? Health problems, mine, my mother, my kids... robbery/break-in... teenager nearly getting killed in a car accident (car was totaled, she wasn't, THANK GOD!)... then, teenage emancipation... you name it.

Anyway, I'm a crazy old lady who lives in a zoo, and I have so many critters I ALMOST don't know what to do. That's a joke.

I guess if there IS something that I've learned in life is to know what you can handle, what you can't, and what you need help with. Knowing that difference is a huge thing. I've hit some pretty rough patches over the past few years, and things have gone from bad to worse (the story of my life), but I'm still standing - and my critters are too. I have rehomed some of my pets since I've been off the boards: three ferrets (SuperFreak, Morgana, and Queen Mab to my cousin Gary), and some of my gliders: Herbie & Callie (to KB), Winter & Snitch (to Helen), BooBoo & Meg & Bill & Amelia (to Amie and Bill), but they only went to the very best homes. In fact, you could say they "went home." I believe that one should always contact the person from whom the pet was received before making any rehoming decisions.

At this point, things have sort of settled down, and I'm still living (mostly) comfortably in the hills of southern Ohio with my Sprout (pre-schooler) and my critters: four dogs (three are rescues), two cats (and four recently born kittens), and 16 sugar gliders. I've just recently rescued a dog (she's my number four) with help from "my evil twin", CyndieKB, and I've named her Queenie. NOT AFTER QUEENDUCK! I swear, that never even crossed my mind at the time. I only saw her big sad brown eyes, and she looks so sad that I thought, "The Little Girl (her name) needs to be treated like a queen. And THAT is how she got her name. I swear. Queenie's "death date" was scheduled for March 3, 2011, and I met up with KB in Louisville, KY (the halfway point between OH and TN), and I brought Queenie home with me Feb 26, 2011. We're doing ok, but we've had our challenges (she really suffers from separation anxiety, and she's been quite destructive, but, like I said, we're working through her issues).

I've worked in rescue through the years (dogs, cats, sugar gliders, and ferrets), and I have also supported rescues in the past, too (through USGN, the SRR (Suggie Rescue Resources), and A4G. I'm an educator by profession. I have a graduating high school senior and a soon-to-be four year old. I'm a past moderator of USGN (United Sugar Glider Network), A4G (All 4 Gliders), and here at AC. I hope I haven't left anything out.

Yeah, that's crazy, but I seem to thrive on crazy, lol.

Last edited by cgarnes on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tidying up typos. I just can't see these days.)
cgarnes
cgarnes
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Here's an "Oldie" from Ohio!   Empty Re: Here's an "Oldie" from Ohio!

Post by Usha77 Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:10 pm

hug Great to see you here, Garnesy!
Usha77
Usha77
Sweetest Beeyotch EVER!! (and dry humper)

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by cgarnes Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 pm

I've peeked in here a few times and seen your SUGAR postings, but it's good to be "back" and see some friendly faces!

You, darling, I love seeing in FB!

ROLL CALL!

Krisssss, oh, where arrrrre youuuuuu? ;-p
cgarnes
cgarnes
Animal lover
Animal lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanda Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Theres my Garnesy gal!! And look at the meanness popping out, those eye brows arched, and that evil little smile LOL. Joking aside, it is good to see you here.

Wanda
Joey
Joey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by cgarnes Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Hehehe, thanks, Wanda! For now, my meanness is controlled - for the moment - so don't get too excited, lol. I've just had dinner, and I'm about to have some nice dessert. After that, though, all bets are off. Twisted Evil

Now... I should plan on who I should pick on... Hmm. I'll have to think about that one.

I've just had a nice spicy creamy chicken Alfredo, something I just kind of made up as I went along, and it was YUM! A nice glass of wine, and once dinner settles, it's time for apple pie and ice cream topped with whipped cream!

Hope you are having a good day down there - it's nice and pretty here!
cgarnes
cgarnes
Animal lover
Animal lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down