Animal Craze
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Pray for Holly

4 posters

Go down

Please Pray for Holly Empty Please Pray for Holly

Post by Cora Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:28 am

Holly has been going downhill since friday when she presented with bloating and diarrhea..............she normally weighs 56 grams and suddenly weighed 63 grams. an xray was done and compared to the one done in December it showed bloating and no other changes. Fecal float and smear were clear except for the bee pollan...........I use 1 tablespoon and blend for 4 minutes. So he put her on Flagyl for 7 days and panacur for 3 days even though there were no parasites???? Sat the diarrhea clears up and the bloating was better.............down to 59 grams. she is still eating and drinking. Sat night she starts wetting herself and drinking large amounts of water. so I get her through til monday morning and was at the vets office at around 8 when they opened. He was thinking Kidney failure and kept her there for testing. The urinalysis revealed UTI. The sedimentation revealed poss. kidney failure but blood was drawn and sent off to the lab to be conclusive or rule it out. She was sent home with baytril twice a day for 10 days and torb as needed for pain. she sleeps (preferably in my hand) a lot, drinks a lot and eats her HPW and some yogurt.............a little fruit smoothie........will take a bite or 2 of mealies or crickets but thats about it. Today the vet calls the lab said he did not send enough blood, now mind you this vet has drawn and sent blood to the lab before on Holly with no problem. He told me he would draw it again and send it off at no cost. Holly remains incontinent and drinking lots , gets cold quickly, and her appetite is decreasing...54 grams tonight.....................so I stopped by the vets office this afternoon he looked at her and decided not to draw blood today cause he just put her under anesthesia yesterday and drew from her neck. he wants to give it a few days. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to bring her back on thursday unless she gets worse. has anyone had any experience with any of this???? I am posting this on every board I am registered on for prayers and experience from anyone who can give it to me. I am an emotional rollercoaster............to be expected I suppose.

Cora
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-30

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Please Pray for Holly Empty Re: Please Pray for Holly

Post by Usha77 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:38 am

hug hug
Usha77
Usha77
Sweetest Beeyotch EVER!! (and dry humper)

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:29 am

comfort I hope you all the best with Holly.

sherri
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora Fri May 01, 2009 8:15 am

She is not looking to spiffy today ......... I have 7 patients to see..........I am a little behind so off we go. torb in hand. her eyes are not open and bright. she is cold again. she will not eat more than a few licks at a time and coughs with that. I was hoping yesterday was a turning point but it might have been her last rally so to speak ..........happens with people too.

Cora
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 93

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Usha77 Fri May 01, 2009 8:32 am

hug hug
Usha77
Usha77
Sweetest Beeyotch EVER!! (and dry humper)

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by paulette Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Sad Hope things will work out for the best good luck Sad comfort
paulette
paulette
Joey
Joey

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-28