Animal Craze
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 SGGA Back to Basics

4 posters

Go down

2010 SGGA Back to Basics Empty 2010 SGGA Back to Basics

Post by sherri Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:18 pm

The countdown clock is about to begin. The 2010 SGGA is just around the corner and as the hostess I wanted to give everyone an idea of what to look for.

Here in the next two weeks the official SGGA website will be finished and a link will be posted on all the sugar glider boards. I am excited to say there have been a lot of changes to the SGGA this year and I hope you all will be as excited as I am.

One major change this year is there will not be a raffle on Saturday nor will there be a room raffle. But that does not mean there will be fewer things to do; actually there are many new things planned.

Just because there will not be a ‘room raffle’ it doesn’t mean there won’t be a Friday night welcoming party. There will be a family friendly welcoming party for all registered members and their families to attend on Friday night. Like in past years your Friday night welcoming party will have friends, fun, snacks, games, prizes and even a bake off. The Friday night party has never been hosted, nor paid for by the SGGA, it will also not be this year, meaning it will not increase anyone’s registration fees. It will be privately hosted this year and without the need of a raffle.

This year instead of following the conference with a raffle, it will be immediately followed by vending instead. This year you will not have to wait in line Saturday evening to buy your sugar glider goodies. This year the vendors of our community will be highlighted like never before. So if you love to shop, start saving your pennies now and if you are a vendor, you better plan on bringing lots of goodies with you. There will be more information available for vendors once the SGGA website is completed.

So does no raffle mean no donations? I hope not. One of the best things about the raffle was getting to see all the new items offered, falling in love with a new vendor’s products and seeing how a little creativity and a lot of generosity could go a long way. In the past if you were lucky or had bought enough tickets you might have won. This year the SGGA’s dream is that the community as a whole will still donate items, but instead of donating to a raffle, these donations will be used for an all day long door prizes event, no longer do you need to buy tickets to enjoy all the above. Everyone will have an equal opportunity to receive a door prize. The goal is to get enough donations so that everyone or almost everyone can go home with a door prize and save their cash for vending.

So if vending is during the day and there is no raffle what is everyone going to do Saturday night? There are additional events planned for Saturday night. Some activities from past SGGA’s will be reused but they have been reinvented. There will also be a new activity that will primarily focus on all the great organizations that are an asset to our community. There will be more information given to these types of organizations once the SGGA website is complete.

There are still a few additional surprises in store for this years SGGA. But I can’t revel them all or they wouldn’t be a surprise. Due to so many changes, a change in registration has to be made before the SGGA website can be completed. Expect the SGGA website up in the next two weeks with your complete 2010 SGGA details.

I can’t believe the SGGA is so close, it seems like just yesterday I was at the 2009 SGGA. My goals for this SGGA is to see all of my old SGGA friends, meet a lot of new friends, get some new ideas on how to improve the lives of my sugar gliders, and overall just have a great weekend. Hope to see you all there.

Sherri, 2010 SGGA Hostess

sherri
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

2010 SGGA Back to Basics Empty Re: 2010 SGGA Back to Basics

Post by cgarnes Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:12 am

Sherri, thank you for hosting this year's SGGA! I am so glad that is so close to home. Looking forward to seeing you there!
cgarnes
cgarnes
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

I can't wait! I'm already getting so excited! And knowing that you and Sprout are going to be there makes it that much more exciting!

sherri
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by cgarnes Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Careful on that one! I'm the EASY kid on the block. Sprout makes me look like a retired Sunday school teacher (no offense to any gentle souls out there).

Thankfully, Queenie has 'fessed up and CLAIMS she can handle my little Sprout, lol.

We'll see.

frightening laugh
cgarnes
cgarnes
Animal lover
Animal lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Glider_Craze Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm

haha Garnesy will your other daughter be attending =]

Glider_Craze
Dry humper
Dry humper

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2009-01-18

https://animalcraze.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:02 pm

cant wait to meet you you OLD thing you!!!!!!!!

Cora
Animal lover
Animal lover

Number of posts : 93

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cgarnes Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Hey, Cora, ya little whippersnapper! Don't even make me spank you and stand you in a corner!

Kris,I don't think so. Now that she's older, I was going to leave her at home as my house-sitter so that I wouldn't have to take 23 gliders with me. You know how I am now about traveling with my gliders. The last time I had done that, you helped me mend my broken heart.

However, if I do find another pet-sitter, I could bring Dreya, da gangsta!
cgarnes
cgarnes
Animal lover
Animal lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down